top of page
Resource Family Approval Program (RFA)
RFA is a new family-friendly and child-centered caregiver approval process that combines elements of the current foster parent licensing, relative approval, and approvals for adoption and guardianship processes and replaces those processes. RFA:
- Is streamlined and eliminates the duplication of existing processes.
- Unifies approval standards for all caregivers, regardless of the child’s case
- Includes a comprehensive psychosocial assessment, home environment
check, and training for all families, including relatives.
- Prepares families to better meet the needs of vulnerable children in the
foster care system.
- Allows seamless transition to permanency.
Get help with Questions about the Written Directives with the RFA Helper.
bottom of page